Chemical engineers often experience the need to draw flow diagrams of a production system and Sankey diagrams are by far the most popular way to depict the same. Sankey diagrams essentially lay stress on visual depiction of major transfers or inherent flows within a specified system are very useful for portraying energy and material transfers. Now if you are looking for an application which can help you create such diagrams on your system then you should look no further than the remarkable e!Sankey 2.0. The application is specifically designed to create Sankey diagrams in quick time and it boasts of a flexible option set that allows the creation of flow diagrams with minimum effort.
e!Sankey 2.0 on launch opens with a light grayish color interface with 3 major panes. Sankey diagrams are a useful way of visualizing material flows and energy costs. Especially useful for engineers and analysts these diagrams and charts can be simply used to display flow quantities in a production system. Numerous scaling and displaying options are provided to get the best diagram for the presentation. The exclusive feature list of the software include, copying, pasting, zooming and cropping; easy usage of predefined templates; dragging and resizing of the images and clip arts; and managing units with percentage display options. Moreover, the user can also print and export these diagrams to external mediums in any format like JPG, BMP, PNG and GIF. The user friendly and beneficial qualities of the software ensure efficient working for professionals in their daily tasks and workflow management.
e!Sankey 2.0 application comes across as a proficient tool for creating Sankey diagrams and is likely to find many takers amongst engineers and quality management professionals. The application earns a respectable score of 4 rating points for its extensive feature range
and its overall ease of use.
e!Sankey - a software tool to easily create Sankey diagrams. A Sankey diagram is a directional flow chart where the magnitude of the arrows is proportional to the quantity of flow. Sankey diagrams are a useful way of visualizing material flows, energy efficiency or costs.
If you are a chemical engineer, an environmental engineer or process engineer, a professional in quality management, logistics or finance, you can use e!Sankey diagrams to display flow quantities in a production system. Numerous display and scaling options help you get the best Sankey diagrams for your presentation.
e!Sankey makes drawing Sankey flow diagrams really easy.
Here are some of the main features of this software:
- general: floating / dockable / tabbed windows, update notfier
- graphical editor with process (node), arrows, rotatable labels, other graphical elements (e.g. rectangle, rounded rectangle, ellipse), lines, legend, text, image, numerous editor options (e.g. grid, snap to grid), legend, scale
- diagram: copy&paste, zooming, overview window
- use predefined template files
- processes/nodes: drag and resize, use image, clipart gallery, edit/hide process label, hide nodes
- arrows: draw arrow by directly connecting processes, add one or more flows to arrow, enter quantity, choose color, editable arrow label with flow name and quantity, add arrow bending points, stacked arrows, change stacking order, numerous arrow options (rounded, orthogonal bends, arrow head, arrow tail, perimeter line)
- units: manage various unit types each with own color palet, show percentage
- scaling of flows (to max flow or absolute value) per unit type using slider
- print and export diagrams (jpg, bmp, png, gif, emf)
Visit http://www.e-sankey.com for a full list of features and download a trial version!
Also note the more powerful e!Sankey 2.0 pro version with Excel LiveLink, which allows automatic updating of Sankey diagrams with values from Microsoft Excel tables